Name Change Application

Initiate your application for an Individual or Couple name change here. There is a $50.00 filing fee and a $5.00 service fee. All fees are non-refundable.

Name change eligibility:
  • Only Hawaii residents are eligible for a name change granted by the Lieutenant Governor of the State of Hawaii.
  • For active duty military personnel, please contact the Lieutenant Governor’s office for further information before applying for a name change.
A name change is not necessary if:
  • You are a Hawaii resident who was married in the State of Hawaii and declared on your Marriage Certificate that you will be taking your spouse's name.
  • You are divorced and your Divorce Decree stipulates resumption of a maiden name or previous name.

For more information, learn more about the online application, download printable instructions and watch the video.